Looking for Learning Council
The Looking for Learning Council have been drawn from members of our school council. They are children from years 2 - 6 and represent children from a wide range of our school community.
The Role of the Learning Council
To advise the Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team and teaching staff on how to :
- Improve learning conditions for all children at Kingsmead
- To ensure that learning is fun
- To ensure that learning is interactive and interesting
- To ensure that planning and teaching are pupil centred to ensure improved education for all
The Looking for Learning Council take part in lesson observations with their classes and will discuss the way forward and make recommendations based on their evidence and discussions.
- Visit other classes and other schools to see how things are done differently
- Observe lessons and comment on them from the children’s point of view
- Carry out surveys of pupils views about learning in school
- Review on a regular basis the school’s curriculum aims, teaching and learning policies
- Comment on resources available for curriculum development
- Make recommendations to the Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team and the school teaching staff
See the attachment below for the Looking for Learning Council's latest findings.