Other training we offer
Specialist Leaders of Education
We have four Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) at Kingsmead, who can provide school to school support in their area of specialism and who have provided training to NQTs, teachers and trainee teacher across a number of the schools. They have played key roles in creating schemes of work and assessment materials for the new curriculum for EYFS, KS1 and KS2.
Janne Cornish - Janne is the Leader of Learning for English at Kingsmead and has been teaching for over twenty years. Part of Janne's role is to support classroom teachers in all aspects of literacy teaching and is instrumental in maintaining accurate and consistent literacy assessment across the whole school. Janne's has an interest in applying assessment to plan for effective targeted teaching in English; to plan for progress. Janne is Reading Recovery trained and specialises in planning literacy interventions.
Sarah Betney - Sarah is a maths specialist with over fifteen years’ experience of working in schools in Hackney. She is a qualified ‘Numbers Count’ teacher who is currently the Leader of Learning for Maths and is also one of our Assistant Headteachers.
Lucy Michael - Lucy is an Early Years practitioner with over twenty years of working with young children in various educational settings. She is currently the EYFS Lead and an Assistant Headteacher at Kingsmead Primary School.
Lucy has supported other Early Years leads in many areas including:
- developing and improving their settings in a range of ways including new assessment and tracking systems to meet the demands of the curriculum
- developing outdoor learning
- improving the on-entry assessments for nursery aged children
- managing and turning around reluctant staff
- creating creative learning environments
- creating and monitoring support plans and modelling best practice
Olivia Silver - Olivia is our Art specialist and is a long term practising artist, specialising in Visual Arts . She is the Art Lead at Kingsmead Primary School and likes to spread passion about her subject wherever she goes.
Olivia leads Creativity Week at Kingsmead, in association with the National Gallery project ‘Take one Picture’ and delivers art training to all levels of teaching staff. She has expertise in:
- Supporting Early Years to year 6 in embedding art into cross curricular practice
- Embedding creativity into the Humanities curriculum
- Promoting progress in art skills and understanding school-wide
- Supporting all levels of teaching staff in their creative teaching practices and planning: Experienced teachers, NQTs and School Direct students
- Making art purposeful, meaningful and easy to manage, via cross curricular or arts focused weeks/days
- Successfully utilising support staff in Art teaching and learning
- Planning and delivering staff meetings and INSETs
- Reducing art spending and resourcing
If you are interested in SLE support for your school please email email@example.com with your enquiry or visit the Hackney Teaching Schools Alliance website
HTSA Professional Pathway
A range of professional learning opportunities from volunteer to Headteacher are available via the Hackney Teaching Schools Alliance Professional Pathway. For more information look at the Professional Pathway page of the HTSA website.