Post-graduate Teacher Apprenticeship
Kingsmead is the lead Primary School within the Hackney Teaching Schools' Alliance (www.hackneytsa.org.uk), providing high quality training for the teachers of the future. We offer outstanding Initial Teacher Training (ITT) to graduates and career changers joining the teaching profession. As a trainee teacher with us, you will have access to invaluable training, school and classroom experience to equip you with the knowledge, skills and expertise that you will need to become an excellent teacher.
On the job training through a post-graduate Teacher Apprenticeship with PGCE
Why train with us?
- We offer a structured training route going beyond initial teacher training (Teaching Apprenticeship) to senior leadership.
- Our high retention of teachers based on our reputation for excellence in initial teacher training.
- The schools in our network are diverse and we carefully match trainees to ensure a successful fit.
- Whilst gaining invaluable experience in the classroom, you will be supported by knowledgeable experts from within our schools who will mentor you towards Qualified Teacher Status plus a PGCE.
- This is a school led, employment based route meaning that you earn a salary during your training and there are no tuition fees to pay, these are met by the apprenticeship levy.
- We offer a supportive local network lead by specialists with expertise in teacher development.
- The opportunity to access additional high quality professional development through our HTSA training programme which is designed to complement the offer from London Metropolitan University.
We work in partnership with London Metropolitan University (LMU) to offer highly successful post-graduate Primary Teacher Apprenticeships.
Trainees can expect:
- Fortnightly face-to-face training sessions at the LMU Holloway Road campus in Islington, combined with school-based off-the-job training to make up 20% of the overall course.
- An on-line reflective portfolio for academic assignments, reflections which allow evidence-building for QTS and EPA (End Point Assessment).
- Access to the University’s facilities, e.g. Library, resources, Students’ Union, student support services, campus facilities.
- LMU’s Focus on the London Context: Training designed to meet the needs of apprentices working in London schools.
- A course that is underpinned by the principles of the United Nations Convention on the rights of the child (UNCRC).
- Professional and Academic support from highly a experienced team of tutors, who are ITT professionals. Tutors make regular visits to observe and ensure that trainees are on track.
- Quality Assurance from the university’s ITT team, to advise and ensure that individual school programmes are viable and compliant.
Teaching apprentices are employed as unqualified teachers on a full-time basis and paid from £21,641.
Qualifications needed to apply
All applicants must have achieved a standard equivalent to a Grade C in GCSE examinations in English Language, Mathematics and Science and have a good degree - 2.2 or above. They will also need to have passed both the Literacy and Numeracy skills tests prior to interview.
So why choose a post-graduate Teacher Apprenticeship with us?
- High quality school-based training
- Innovative programme
- Train in a supportive, creative and outstanding schools
- Outstanding practitioners and Specialist Leaders of Educations (SLEs) delivering the programme
- A proven track record of successful teacher training
- High potential for employment in a Hackney school after training
- Trainees have secured full-time teaching roles on completion of our course
- 100% pass rate
How to Apply
Visit the gov.uk website link below for further information about the course and how to apply:
Other useful links: